One of our law firm clients has referred us to one of their important clients in the US, Europe and China – a leading global technology supplier for the auto industry – in order to handle their search for a new Asia General Counsel and Asia Chief Compliance Officer.
Kinney is exclusively handling this in-house search.
This position will have a lot of responsibility and include supervision of eight attorneys underneath them in the China in-house team. The new hire will report directly to the global general counsel and global chief compliance officer, who is based in the US. The new hire’s ability to make judgement calls is going to be as important as their technical skill set background.
The position is based in Shanghai and will deal with the company’s operations all over Asia and also in India, including frequent acquisitions in the region.
It is expected that the new hire will come from a top US firm’s Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong offices, currently in a top flight corporate practice at the senior associate, counsel or junior partner level.
Mandarin fluency is strongly preferred.
Compensation package is at over $500,000 USD.
- Allen & Overy Adds Key Hire to its International IP Practice With China Appointment
- Perkins Coie Grows Global IP Practice with Addition of IP Partner in Beijing
- Stephenson Harwood Strengthens Practice in China
- Dorsey Opens Beijing Office
- Global Law Office Advises LinkedIn on Its Establishment of Shanghai Office