Colin Ng & Partners LLP (“CNP”) acted as Singapore counsel for a proposed USD 200 million medical sector focused fund with China as the country focus. The fund which is structured as a limited partnership will invest in hospitals, clinics and medical technology for deployment in China.
As Singapore counsel, CNP was responsible for Singapore law advice and review of documentation from a Singapore law perspective. The fund is offered to high net worth individuals and corporations. Commenting on the matter, Bill Jamieson said, “The Limited Partnership Act came into effect in Singapore a few years back and the limited partnership structure is widely used in the funds industry globally, Initially, a few clients used to opt for this structure but we now see an increase in the number of clients who use a limited partnership to channel their investments.”
The CNP lawyers who advised on the matter are Partners Bill Jamieson and Senior Associate Amit Ramkrishn Dhume from the firm’s Funds and Financial Services team.
- Ogier’s Hong Kong Office Advises on One of Asia’s First Hedge Funds Structured Utilising Cayman LLCs
- Morgan Lewis Expands Hong Kong Presence with Addition of Funds Partner
- Morgan Lewis Adds Asset Management, Corporate & M&A Partner Edward Bennett in Singapore
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Financiers on $1.69 Billion Karot Hydropower Project
- Morrison & Foerster Further Builds Out Asia Offering With New Private Investment Funds Partner In Hong Kong