Expanding the firm’s Corporate and Capital Markets practice in the region, Dentons Asia welcomes Guangqin Wei to the Hong Kong office at the Partner level, bringing with him a wealth of experience from the law firm, Fried Frank.
Guangqin specializes in corporate finance and U.S. securities laws. He has represented both issuers and investment banks such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, UBS, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank in a variety of financing transactions including initial public offerings, high-yield and investment grade debt offerings, acquisition financings and cross border financings, as well as debt restructurings. He also previously served as an Associate Advisor to the Strategic Planning and Development Committee of the China Securities Regulatory Commission.
Commenting on the hire, Asia Pacific Capital Markets Practice Head, Gordon Ng, said “Guangqin brings additional experience and skill to our practice allowing us to offer our clients on the ground in Asia the full spectrum of IPO and other capital markets-related advice by advising on U.S. securities law aspects.”
Hong Kong Managing Partner Keith Brandt added, “Guangqin is exactly the type of top quality talent we are looking for as we grow aggressively in Asia. His expertise is the perfect complement to Gordon’s team, who joined Dentons from O’Melveny & Myers last year.”
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Practice Group With New Hire Kunal Kapoor
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance
- Enoch Wong Joins Dentons as a New Capital Markets Partner
- William Ku Joins Herbert Smith Freehills as Debt Capital Markets Partner in Hong Kong
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Resources & Infrastructure Practice and Its South East Asia Regional Practice With New Hire, John Dick