Dentons is pleased to announce that Alex Roussos has joined the firm’s Dubai office as a partner. Alex joins from Norton Rose Fulbright’s Dubai office where he has been Of Counsel since 2011. Prior to that he was at Clifford Chance in London and Dubai.
An expert in debt, hybrid and equity-linked capital markets transactions, Alex’s broad experience has seen him advising governments and government-related entities, all major investment banking clients and large corporate entities across the region on matters including MTN, convertible bond, regulatory capital and Sukuk issuances, as well as listings on local and international stock exchanges.
Michael Kerr, Managing Partner for Dentons’ Middle East region said; “Alex’s arrival and the top-drawer expertise that he brings comes at a crucial time as we continue to expand Dentons’ banking and finance practice in the Middle East and also globally. His skill set will complement our existing banking offering in the region and ensure we take advantage of the growing opportunities throughout the Middle East.”
David Cohen, head of Debt Capital Markets in London, added: “Alex’s hire is a part of the firm’s strategic plan to grow our capital markets practice in the region.”
Alex is the latest of a number of lateral hires to the Dentons UKMEA Banking and Finance practice, and the second to join in the Middle East region following Qasim Aslam’s arrival in Dubai last summer. Alex’s appointment also follows the recent promotion of three new partners in the Middle East, with Rajan Phakey (Energy), Catherine Beckett (Corporate) and Sadaf Buchanan (Banking and Finance) joining the partnership in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Muscat respectively.
- Allen & Overy Bolsters Asia Pacific Capital Markets Practice with China-focused U.S. Hire in Hong Kong
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance
- Dentons Welcomes New Partner to TMT Practice in Dubai
- Hogan Lovells Boosts Middle East Practice With Three new Partners
- HFW Strengthens its Middle East Construction, Arbitration and Real Estate Practices with Key Joiners