International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands its international insurance group in Asia with the appointment of Martin Lister who will join the firm as a partner.
Martin joins the firm from Edwards Wildman Palmer, where he was a partner and Managing Partner of the firm’s Hong Kong office.
Specialising in international insurance, regulatory and corporate matters in Asia, he is widely considered amongst clients and peers as “an expert in insurance and regulatory matters”, “hugely experienced and highly specialised”, and “a legendary insurance practitioner”. Chambers Asia Pacific 2014.
Commenting on the appointment, Simmons & Simmons’ insurance group head, James Pollock commented: “As insurance corporate activity and regulation in Asia and other international jurisdictions increases, Martin’s arrival will add further strength to our existing offering, and our insurance team across the firm.
His experience in this area will be invaluable to our international practice, and to our clients, whose ability and ambitions to expand in the region are, now more than ever, dependent on advice from an experienced and well-regarded regulatory and corporate counsel on insurance issues.”
- Simmons & Simmons Expands Financial Markets Practice in Hong Kong
- Allen & Overy Bolsters Asia Regulatory Offering with Appointment of Charlotte Robins as Partner in Hong Kong
- Simmons & Simmons Expands Financial Markets Practice in Singapore
- Baker & McKenzie Strengthens its Projects Practice in Singapore and Asia Pacific
- Simmons & Simmons Expanding Asia Corporate & Commercial Practice