Kirkland & Ellis is pleased to announce the appointment of Daniel Dusek as a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of the Firm’s Hong Kong office. Mr. Dusek has extensive experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and a variety of other complex and cross-border corporate matters. Mr. Dusek joins Kirkland from the Beijing and Hong Kong offices of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, where he was a partner.
“Daniel has a strong reputation as one of the leading M&A/private equity lawyers in Asia,” said Jeffrey C. Hammes, Chairman of Kirkland’s Global Management Executive Committee. “His experience and energy will enhance our strong platform and our ability to serve clients on their most significant transactions in the region.”
“We are excited that Daniel is joining our corporate practice as we continue to grow our presence in Asia,” said David Zhang, a senior partner in Kirkland’s Asia Corporate Practice Group. “He brings strong experience on large and cross-border transactions in a wide range of sectors, especially those involving leading global and regional private equity funds and corporations. We are confident he will be an excellent enhancement to the team in Asia.”
During his career, Mr. Dusek has advised major private equity sponsors, financial institutions and multinationals on their investments, divestments and strategic transactions across a broad range of industries.
Mr. Dusek is recommended as a leading corporate/M&A lawyer by Chambers Asia and Chambers Global. Asian Legal Business selected him as one of the top 10 M&A lawyers in China in 2017. He holds a J.D. from New York University School of Law and a B.A. from Harvard University.
Mr. Dusek is expected to join the Firm’s Hong Kong office soon.
- David Irvine Joins Hong Kong Office of Kirkland & Ellis as Banking Partner
- Kirkland & Ellis Represents Bain Capital Private Equity in the Acquisition of a Controlling Interest in Asia Pacific Medical Group
- Kirkland & Ellis Advising J.P. Morgan on Youku Tudou’s Acquisition by Alibaba Group
- Kirkland & Ellis Advises Ally Bridge Group on Privatization Offer for Hong Kong-listed Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group
- Paul, Weiss Adds Two Leading Corporate Partners in Hong Kong and Beijing, Names Jeanette Chan as Managing Partner