Global law firm K&L Gates welcomes Philip Hyde as a partner in the finance practice. Hyde, who will work out of both K&L Gates’ Tokyo and Hong Kong offices, joins the firm from Hogan Lovells International LLP.
Hyde has more than 20 years of experience advising a range of financial institutions on debt capital markets and finance-related transactions, including structured finance, restructuring, derivatives, and securitizations.
David Tang, K&L Gates’ Managing Partner, Asia, commented: “Philip broadens and deepens our debt capital market and finance capabilities in the Asia region for our clients through his extensive experience both in the Japan and the Hong Kong markets, which fits very well with our regional focus and style of practice. We are delighted to welcome him to the firm.”
Serving clients through 11 offices and 400 lawyers across Asia and Australia, K&L Gates has the largest presence among fully integrated U.S. law firms in the Asia Pacific region. Hyde is the sixth new partner to join the firm’s Asia Pacific offices in 2014, including the earlier additions of commercial disputes partner Takahiro Hoshino and real estate partner Takahiro Tsumagari in Tokyo and investment management partner Greg Heaton in Hong Kong.
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong
- K&L Gates Bolsters Asia Practice with Addition of Corporate, Disputes Partners
- Skadden Adds Corporate Finance Partner Kenji Taneda in Tokyo
- K&L Gates Expands Real Estate Practice with Appointment of Sydney Partner