The Beijing office of global law firm K&L Gates has added Frank Voon as a partner in its corporate/M&A practice. He joins the firm from Allen & Overy LLP.
Voon has extensive experience in the areas of cross-border M&A, corporate reorganizations, and joint ventures. He has been advising foreign entities investing in China for more than a decade and actively advises Chinese companies on their outbound investments. Voon worked in Australia and Singapore prior to moving to China in 2004.
David Tang, K&L Gates’ Managing Partner, Asia, said: “Frank’s cross-border experience further strengthens our growing corporate practice in the region. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge about China, which will be invaluable to our clients doing business in this complex market.”
Active in Greater China for more than three decades, K&L Gates now has one of the largest footprints of any international law firm in China. Voon is the seventh new partner to join K&L Gates’ Asia Pacific offices in 2014, with the firm also having added Tokyo/Hong Kong finance partner Philip Hyde, Sydney investment management partner Liz Gray, Hong Kong real estate counsel Joyce Mok, and Hong Kong corporate and transactional associate Mandy Yim during March. With 11 offices and 400 lawyers across Asia and Australia, K&L Gates has the largest presence among fully integrated U.S. law firms in the Asia Pacific region.
- K&L Gates Bolsters Asia Practice with Addition of Corporate, Disputes Partners
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong
- Seyfarth Continues Asia-Pacific Expansion with Hong Kong Office
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition
- K&L Gates Expands Real Estate Practice with Appointment of Sydney Partner