Global law firm K&L Gates LLP welcomes Eric W. Sedlak as a corporate partner in the Tokyo office. Sedlak joins K&L Gates from Jones Day.
Sedlak focuses his practice in energy, infrastructure, and resources; project finance; and corporate M&A. He has been based in Asia for more than 20 years, having practiced in Singapore and Vietnam prior to Japan.
He has substantial experience advising on Southeast Asian energy and infrastructure projects, including having counseled thermal wind power project developers and transmission line contractors in Vietnam and FPSO operators in Indonesia. He also advises clients on M&A and securitization deals, and assists strategic buyers on their acquisitions in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
Sedlak serves as special advisor to the Board of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in Japan. He also co-chairs its External Affairs Advisory Council and received AmCham’s 2005 and 2006 Leader of the Year awards. In addition to his work with AmCham, Sedlak co-chairs Gaiben Kyokai, the foreign lawyers association in Japan.
J. Ryan Dwyer, administrative partner of K&L Gates’ Tokyo office, commented: “We are delighted to have Eric join us at K&L Gates. With Eric’s addition, we boost our commitment to global clients doing business in Japan and also to our local clients seeking business offshore.”
The Tokyo office of K&L Gates was established in 2010 and comprises 20 lawyers, including seven partners.
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Practice Group With New Hire Kunal Kapoor
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Resources & Infrastructure Practice and Its South East Asia Regional Practice With New Hire, John Dick
- Mayer Brown to Open New Office in Tokyo in 2018
- Squire Patton Boggs Adds Experienced Corporate Partner in Tokyo
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong