The law firm of Miller Canfield announces that Anna Elshafei has joined the firm in its Shanghai office as a principal in the Corporate Group. She has extensive Chinese legal experience and has advised clients in many industries on a broad range of corporate and commercial issues.
Elshafei’s particular areas of expertise are insurance and financial services, construction and education. She regularly advises clients from the insurance sector in relation to market entry, product structuring, compliance and regulatory issues in China and has been recognized as a “leading individual” in China insurance law by Chambers Asia-Pacific.
“Anna is widely recognized as an outstanding practitioner in China. She brings great experience in Asia in corporate transactions, joint ventures and M&A,” said Michael McGee, CEO of Miller Canfield. “We are delighted to have her join our team in our expanding Shanghai office.”
Elshafei is British and currently chairs the Women in Business Focus Group of the British Chamber of Commerce Shanghai. She speaks fluent Chinese.
She is admitted to practice in England & Wales and Hong Kong. She has a degree in Modern Chinese Studies from the University of Leeds and undertook legal training at The College of Law in London.
- Attorney Gavin Guo Joins Fredrikson & Byron’s Shanghai Office
- Leading Employment Lawyer Joins Squire Patton Boggs in Singapore
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition
- Morgan Lewis Expands Commitment to Asia With New Shanghai Office
- Allen & Overy Further Expands its China Corporate Practice With the Appointment of Wayne Lee