Mayer Brown JSM today announced that Ricky Yiu will be joining its Real Estate practice as a partner. Ricky has more than 20 years of experience working on real estate and development matters in Hong Kong, PRC and Macau, including on related property acquisitions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and finance projects.
Ricky is a notary public practising in Hong Kong and a China-Appointed Attesting Officer. He is listed as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A and Real Estate in China/Hong Kong in Chambers Asia-Pacific.
Apart from working with partner Peter Ho on large scale real estate finance and investment matters, Ricky will also focus on private equity real estate transactions. He will work closely with the other partners from our Real Estate Group in serving our institutional investor clients locally, regionally and globally.
Peter Ho said, “Mayer Brown JSM is renowned for having a market leading Real Estate practice. Ricky’s wealth of experience and impressive record will surely help us to further strengthen our capabilities and our growing client base. We look forward to having him on board.”
Ricky received a Bachelor of Social Science degree from Chinese University of Hong Kong before pursuing his legal education in the United Kingdom and was admitted to practise in Hong Kong in 1992. He will join Mayer Brown JSM from Baker & McKenzie in early 2014.
- Mayer Brown JSM Expands Corporate & Securities Practice With Addition of Nicholas Chan in Hong Kong
- Doo-Soon Choi Joins Mayer Brown JSM as Banking & Finance Partner in Hong Kong
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- BLP appoints Andrew MacGeoch to head Real Estate & Infrastructure in APAC
- Jane Ng Joins Stephenson Harwood as Partner in Hong Kong