Morgan Lewis today welcomes Shaobin Zhu, who focuses on cross-border intellectual property litigation and counseling, as a partner in the firm’s Shanghai office. He joins Morgan Lewis from Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, L.L.P.
Mr. Zhu represents clients in patent litigation in US federal courts and at the US International Trade Commission. A former software engineer, he also counsels clients on patent prosecution, with an emphasis on computer software, business methods, internet technologies, telecommunications, smart phones, video processing, internet television, LEDs, wearable devices, robotics, 3D printing, and electronics.
“Shaobin’s presence in Shanghai helps us continue and build upon our strong relationships with companies in China involved in litigation in US courts or who require counseling on administrative or regulatory matters,” said Morgan Lewis Chair Jami McKeon. “His arrival marks another significant step in solidifying our deep commitment to clients in Asia and builds on our recent expansion in China.”
Mr. Zhu has handled many aspects of patent litigation, including patent validity and infringement analysis, technical discovery and production, depositions, Markman hearings, briefings, motions, and trials. In addition to his work with clients on all aspects of patent prosecution he represents them in administrative post-grant proceedings contesting the validity of disputed patents.
“Shaobin will be a significant asset for Chinese clients with interests in the United States, as well as for US and non-Chinese clients seeking to acquire and protect intellectual property rights within China,” said Eric Kraeutler, who leads Morgan Lewis’s intellectual property practice. “He possesses the ideal combination of skills and background to provide all these companies the highest level of service.”
- Perkins Coie Grows Global IP Practice with Addition of IP Partner in Beijing
- Foley Expands IP Practice in Tokyo With Philippe Riesen
- Morgan Lewis Continues Expansion in Hong Kong with Disputes, International Arbitration and Corporate Compliance Partner
- Pillsbury Welcomes Renowned Patent Lawyer to Intellectual Property Practice
- International law firm Vinson & Elkins LLP announced the opening of an office in Taipei, to serve the growing demand of the firm’s clientele in Taiwan and the Asia Pacific.