Morgan Lewis has enhanced its practice in Japan with the addition of a 16-person team, including five partners, from Bingham McCutchen. The new team comprised of 10 lawyers and six staff significantly strengthens Morgan Lewis’s cross-border asset management, IP, financial services, and M&A practices in Japan. Together with the firm’s long-standing joint enterprise with TMI Associates, Morgan Lewis and its 29 lawyers and staff resident in Tokyo provide deep and broad capabilities for both in-bound and out-bound legal services in Japan.
The partners joining from Bingham with their teams are international investment management and financial regulatory lawyers Christopher P. Wells and Tomoko Fuminaga; corporate transactional lawyers Lisa Valentovish and Tsugumichi Watanabe; and intellectual property lawyer Chris Mizumoto.
“We are thrilled to gain such a talented group of lawyers from Bingham. With nearly 30 resident lawyers and staff in Tokyo, complemented by many U.S. based partners with highly active Japan practices and our existing, strong TMI relationship, we are able to offer our clients global access to broad capabilities across a comprehensive spectrum of services that touch on virtually every aspect of corporate, financial, asset management, intellectual property, and litigation support operations,” said Morgan Lewis Chair Jami McKeon.
The new lawyers in Japan are part of the more than 200 partners and nearly 600 other lawyers, legal professionals, and staff from Bingham McCutchen who joined Morgan Lewis on November 24.
- Morgan Lewis Adds Asset Management, Corporate & M&A Partner Edward Bennett in Singapore
- Morgan Lewis Expands Commitment to Asia With New Shanghai Office
- Morgan Lewis to Expand Pan-China Reach With Addition of Nine Partners in Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai
- Jones Day Welcomes Technology and Life Science IP Litigator Maxwell Fox as Partner in Tokyo
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post