Sparke Helmore is pleased to announce that David Howarth will be joining the firm’s Commercial Insurance team in the role of Special Counsel.
David is an accomplished public liability practitioner with a strong track record of resolving complex personal injury claims. He has particular expertise in coronial inquests and in defending government agencies in claims dealing with the application of the public authority defences in the NSW Civil Liability Act.
“It’s great to have David joining our Commercial Insurance team, bringing along with him his thorough experience in personal injury and public authority litigation as well as with coronial inquests. His expertise makes him a fantastic addition to our growing Insurance team and I look forward to working with David in the future,” said James Johnson, National Practice Group Leader Insurance.
David is one of three recent senior practitioners who have joined, or been promoted in, Sparke Helmore’s Insurance Group in Sydney. Larissa Mepstead, an experienced insurance litigator, was promoted to partner in the CTP & Major Claims team in early August 2015. Kerry Haddock joined the firm as a partner in the State Compensation team in July 2015, after completing a four year term as an Arbitrator with the Workers Compensation Commission of NSW.
- Kennedys Grows International Insurance Capability With Singapore Hire
- Clyde & Co Grows its Corporate Team in MENA with New Partner Hire
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post
- Bird & Bird Appoints New Singapore IP Partner
- Clyde & Co grows by a Fifth in Asia Pacific Region