One cannot escape the consequences of a suffering economy. Although it was birthed in the United States, it has soon become a global problem. Law firms can attestify that changes had to be made to endure these difficult times. Practice areas, such as private equity and real estate have slowed down immensely. But the economy slump has not hit every practice area, nor market equally. Litigation has been doing well. Also, firms with Moscow offices, have reported that they are still very busy in Russia. But the luckiest are the New York firms that are working on the bank bailouts. Even in times like these, legal work continues and at times is even created by the downturn iteself.
- Akin Gump Advises Trivon Communications on the Sale of Its Stake in Digit One
- Hong Kong/China is a Sizzling Market for M&A Associates
- Dentons and Rodyk Formalize Combination
- Milbank Advises on Highly Successful Equity Capital Raising by Top Indian Metals and Mining Producer Hindalco
- Leading Corporate Partner Frank Yuen to Join Clifford Chance in Hong Kong