One cannot escape the consequences of a suffering economy. Although it was birthed in the United States, it has soon become a global problem. Law firms can attestify that changes had to be made to endure these difficult times. Practice areas, such as private equity and real estate have slowed down immensely. But the economy slump has not hit every practice area, nor market equally. Litigation has been doing well. Also, firms with Moscow offices, have reported that they are still very busy in Russia. But the luckiest are the New York firms that are working on the bank bailouts. Even in times like these, legal work continues and at times is even created by the downturn iteself.
- Julian Traill joins Norton Rose Fulbright as a partner
- Dentons’ Moscow Office Expands Its Corporate Practice
- Appleby Advised Times Property on RmB900 Million Notes Issuance
- Chadbourne Adds Leading Energy and Projects Lawyer in London and Moscow
- Dentons Advises the Owner of the Soseddushka Retail Chain on the Sale of 100 Stores to X5 Retail Group