Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised ASX and TSX-listed Alacer Gold Corp. on the sale of its Australian gold mining operations to Australian company Metals X Limited.
Alacer Gold Corp. is a leading intermediate gold mining company. The sale of Alacer’s Australian operations now allows Alacer to focus on its low-cost Çöpler gold mine and exploration operations in Turkey.
All of Alacer’s former Australian subsidiaries (which together held 100% interests in the Higginsville and South Kalgoorlie mines and processing operations in Western Australia) were included in the sale.
“The shift in commodities and metals prices in the past year has seen many resource companies assessing their asset portfolios,” said partner Justin Harris, who led the team advising Alacer. “With a large number of resources assets available in the Australian market, we are pleased to have helped secure a strategic sale for Alacer.”
In addition to Justin, partner Paul Vinci and senior associate Sean Houthuysen worked on the transaction. All are based in Perth. The Clifford Chance team also advised on the merger of gold producer Avoca Resources and TSX-listed Anatolia Minerals by schemes of arrangement to create Alacer Gold Corp. in 2010.
- Clifford Chance Advises on Sale of Americana, the Largest M&A Deal in the Middle East in 2016
- Leading Corporate Partner Frank Yuen to Join Clifford Chance in Hong Kong
- Clifford Chance advises China Merchants Securities on US$1.4 billion
- HFW Continues to Stregthen Aviation Practice with Addition of Asset Finance Team in Singapore
- Squire Patton Boggs Acts for Coal of Africa Limited on AU$126.4 Million Takeover of Universal Coal