Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised joint bookrunners, Maybank Investment Bank Berhad, CIMB Investment Bank Berhad, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Standard Chartered, on the international law aspects of the listing of UMW Oil & Gas Corp. Bhd. on Bursa Malaysia.
This is the largest IPO in Malaysia this year. Clifford Chance also advised on Westports Holdings Berhad, the operator of Malaysia’s busiest port, on the international law aspects of its recently priced IPO raising US$680 million, as well as last year’s blockbuster US$1.5 billion IPO of Astro Malaysia Berhad.
“We are delighted to be working on another one of Malaysia’s significant IPOs,” said Capital Markets partner Raymond Tong, who led on this transaction. “Our depth of experience in advising both issuers and underwriters on international law aspects of Malaysian listings provides our clients with a high level of comfort, with a single team that can provide English, US and other jurisdictional advice.”
Raymond was assisted by senior associate Tom Bidwell and supported by partner Johannes Juette, counsel Mabel Tay and associate Jeremy Ward.
Zul Rafique and Partners advised the joint bookrunners on Malaysian law.
UMW Oil & Gas is a unit of Malaysian state conglomerate UMW Holdings, and a leading provider of oil and gas services in Asia Pacific.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Malaysian IPO of Sunway Construction
- Collas Crill Singapore Advises Malaysian-based Macromac PLC on AIM Listing
- Clifford Chance Advises on Sale of Americana, the Largest M&A Deal in the Middle East in 2016
- Clifford Chance advises China Merchants Securities on US$1.4 billion
- Leading Corporate Partner Frank Yuen to Join Clifford Chance in Hong Kong