Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised the recently established joint venture between Australia’s Toga Group and Singapore’s Far East Orchard Limited on its provision of management and consultancy services to Rendezvous Hotels.
Under the arrangement, Toga Hotels will assume management or provide consultancy to 11 Rendezvous Hotels across Australia and New Zealand. The hotels are owned or leased by Far East Hospitality Holdings, a separate joint venture between Far East and The Straits Trading Company Limited.
With this arrangement in place, Toga Hotels will offer accommodation at more than 65 hotels across Australia, New Zealand and Europe, making it one of the largest hospitality management platforms in Australia.
Partner Lance Sacks led the team advising Toga Hotels: “We are very pleased to have been able to provide support to the new joint venture between our longstanding client Toga Group and its new partner Far East Orchard Limited. We feel this demonstrates renewed levels of confidence in the hospitality industry and we look forward to continuing our work as the joint venture develops further.”
Clifford Chance also advised Toga Group on establishment of the joint venture with Far East Orchard in April 2013, and the acquisition by the joint venture of five Australian hotels in August 2013.
Lance was assisted by associate Owen Thomas. Both are based in Sydney.
- DibbsBarker Welcomes New Property Partner in Brisbane
- Clifford Chance Advises on Sale of Americana, the Largest M&A Deal in the Middle East in 2016
- Herbert Smith Freehills advise Japan’s Gulliver on investment in Western Australian car dealership network
- G+T Advises on Billion Dollar Asian Private Equity Acquisition
- Leading Corporate Partner Frank Yuen to Join Clifford Chance in Hong Kong