Clyde & Co Westlink JLV* has advised Sanpower Group, the multi-national conglomerate, on its joint venture with Liberty Mutual, the insurance group.
The deal will see Sanpower purchase a majority stake (51%) in Liberty Mutual’s wholly owned Chinese insurance subsidiary, Liberty China. On completion Liberty China will become a joint venture between Sanpower and Liberty Mutual.
Clyde & Co Westlink JLV advised Sanpower Group on all People’s Republic of China (PRC) regulatory aspects and the transaction documents, including a share purchase agreement and shareholders agreement.
The deal was led by Clyde & Co Partner Michael Cripps, assisted by Carrie Chen, PRC Partner, Clyde & Co Westlink JLV and Lin Xiaolin, Senior Associate, Clyde & Co Westlink JLV.
- Clyde & Co adds leading Intellectual Property team in China
- Clyde & Co grows by a Fifth in Asia Pacific Region
- Clyde & Co Grows its Corporate Team in MENA with New Partner Hire
- Clyde & Co Expands Intellectual Property Capabilities in Bahrain
- Kennedys Grows International Insurance Capability With Singapore Hire