Davis Polk advised ORIX Corporation in connection with its SEC-registered shelf takedown of $500 million aggregate principal amount of 3.75% notes due 2017. Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated were the joint bookrunners for the offering.
ORIX, one of Japan’s leading financial services groups, provides a broad range of commercial and consumer finance products and services to corporate and retail customers in Japan and overseas.
The Davis Polk team included partner Theodore A. Paradise, counsel Michael T. Dunn, associate Jesse Gillespie. Partner John D. Paton and associate Sarah Joy provided tax advice. Associate Catherine L. Martin provided ’40 Act advice. Yuko Ema was the legal assistant on the transaction. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Tokyo, London and New York offices.
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on $3 Billion Concurrent Guaranteed Senior Bond Offerings
- Davis Polk Advises Dai-ichi Life on Its Strategic Alliance With Janus
- Davis Polk Advises Toyo Seikan on Its Acquisition of Stolle Machinery Company
- Davis Polk Advises NEC on Its Acquisition of Convergys’ Information Management Business
- Davis Polk Advises iKang on Its Issuance and Sale of US$100 Million of Preferred Stock