The London and Moscow offices of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP have advised Uralkali on a pre-export finance facility with a syndicate of eight international banks. The facility is for a total of $530 million, with the option to increase it up to $800 million.
The bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers of the facility are ING Bank N.V., Natixis, JSC Nordea Bank, PJSC ROSBANK and Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking.
The loan facility will be used for general corporate purposes and to refinance Uralkali’s existing loans.
Debevoise advised Uralkali, one of the world’s largest potash producers, on a similar deal in June 2013, when the company signed a $1 billion pre-export finance facility with a syndicate of 14 international banks.
The Debevoise team advising Uralkali was led by London based partner Alan Davies and associate Dmitry A. Karamyslov. The team also included Moscow based partner Alan Kartashkin, and associates Elena Bader, Ekaterina Podbereznyak, and Oleg Semenov. London based international counsel Cécile Beurrier provided tax advice.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. The firm’s commercially savvy lawyers regularly lead strategic transactions and complex disputes for world-class clients.
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD
- White & Case Advises Lenders on US$6.4 Billion Liwa Plastic Industries Complex in Oman
- Milbank Advises Lenders in $4.3 Billion Indonesia Power-Generation Project
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Latham Advises the Republic of Indonesia on Financing of Train 3 of the Tangguh LNG Project