Dentons Baku has advised KBR, a leading technology, engineering, procurement and construction giant, on a joint venture agreement to establish a new engineering and support services company in Azerbaijan. The agreement was signed on 18 March 2015 with the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR).
With support from KBR and SOCAR, the new company will provide design, engineering, technical, procurement, construction supervision and project management services for projects across the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors, primarily in the Republic of Azerbaijan. The company will also prepare technical requirements for all stages of a given project, including project management, contract supervision, planning and cost control. It is a major cooperation project between one of the world’s leading engineering companies and the State oil company, representing major technology transfer and highlighting the trend towards the localization of production within Azerbaijan.
The Dentons team was led by Managing Partner James Hogan and supported by Counsel Ophelia Abdullayeva, and Associates Ulvia-Zeynalova-Bockin and Sona Taghiyeva.
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Resources & Infrastructure Practice and Its South East Asia Regional Practice With New Hire, John Dick
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Practice Group With New Hire Kunal Kapoor
- HFW Strengthens its Middle East Construction, Arbitration and Real Estate Practices with Key Joiners
- Dentons Welcomes New Partner to TMT Practice in Dubai
- K&L Gates Bolsters Asia Practice with Addition of Corporate, Disputes Partners