Dentons Baku has advised KBR, a leading technology, engineering, procurement and construction giant, on a joint venture agreement to establish a new engineering and support services company in Azerbaijan. The agreement was signed on 18 March 2015 with the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR).
With support from KBR and SOCAR, the new company will provide design, engineering, technical, procurement, construction supervision and project management services for projects across the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors, primarily in the Republic of Azerbaijan. The company will also prepare technical requirements for all stages of a given project, including project management, contract supervision, planning and cost control. It is a major cooperation project between one of the world’s leading engineering companies and the State oil company, representing major technology transfer and highlighting the trend towards the localization of production within Azerbaijan.
The Dentons team was led by Managing Partner James Hogan and supported by Counsel Ophelia Abdullayeva, and Associates Ulvia-Zeynalova-Bockin and Sona Taghiyeva.
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Resources & Infrastructure Practice and Its South East Asia Regional Practice With New Hire, John Dick
- Dentons and Yulchon Advise the Korean Company GS Home Shopping on the Creation of a Shopping Channel Together with Rostelecom
- Maria Oleinik and Richard Cowie Bring Added Corporate, M&A and Energy Experience to Dentons
- HFW Strengthens its Middle East Construction, Arbitration and Real Estate Practices with Key Joiners
- Dentons Welcomes New Partner to TMT Practice in Dubai