A team from DLA Piper has advised Super Investment Management Pty Ltd and Retail Employees Superannuation Trust (“REST”), one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds, on its strategic alliance with Spanish infrastructure developer Cintra in relation to potential toll-road infrastructure investments in Australia.
REST is one of Australia’s largest industry superannuation funds with 1.9 million members and over A$20 billion in funds under management. Cintra is a subsidiary of Ferrovial, one of the world’s leading private investors in transportation infrastructure.
This type of strategic alliance is unique for superannuation funds in Australia looking to acquire a stake in large infrastructure projects. As part of the alliance, a dedicated project team made up of REST and Cintra representatives will explore opportunities to invest in new toll-road infrastructure projects in Australia.
The team advising REST was led by partner Dr Gerry Bean with support from senior associate Joshua Heard, both from DLA Piper’s corporate practice in Melbourne. Dr Gerry Bean said: “We are delighted to have advised REST on this integrated and strategic approach to infrastructure investment in Australia.”
- Rajah & Tann – HK$1.4 Billion Syndicated Term Loan Facility to Finance Acquisition of Expressway in China
- Maddocks Boosts Financial Services Capabilities with Latest Senior Appointments
- Herbert Smith Freehills Leads on the World’s Largest PPP Project in the Toll Road Construction Sector
- DLA Piper advises Auvex on $54m deal
- Allens Advises Canadian Pension Fund on Record Australian Trade