DLA Piper has acted for Lend Lease Project Management & Construction on the $1.8 billion Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP, the first health sector public private partnership in Queensland. Lend Lease Project Management & Construction will construct the new hospital and associated facilities in a public private partnership with Queensland Health.
The project will see a new health precinct at Kawana, opening with 450 beds in 2016 and growing to 738 beds by 2021. In addition to the significant injection of funds into the local economy, the project will mean that about 10,000 Sunshine Coast residents will no longer need to travel to Brisbane each year for treatment.
The project team advising Lend Lease Project Management & Construction was led by DLA Piper Australia Finance & Projects partner Alex Guy, with support from Brisbane senior associates Kim Broadbent and Dan Brown as well as solicitors, Fleur Irvine and Kathryn Purcell-Hennessy. Sydney-based partner Scott Alden and solicitor Nicholas Mills were also crucial members of the team.
Alex Guy said: “We are proud to have acted for Lend Lease Project Management & Construction in this landmark PPP which highlights their strong track record of delivering health infrastructure. It represents the fourth PPP deal that our Australian team has closed in the last 13 months which is an exceptional achievement.”
- Clayton Utz Congratulates Exemplar Health on Successful Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP Bid
- VCCC Project PPP Financial Close a Milestone for Clayton Utz Projects and Finance Teams
- DLA Piper Acts in New Zealand’s First PPP
- HWL Ebsworth Acts on Two Recent Healthcare M&A Transactions
- Middletons Builds Its Construction Practice with Appointment of Former Senior Lend Lease Lawyer