Faegre Baker Daniels LLP represented Shanghai Alliance Investment Limited, a leading Chinese investment company, in the August 7, 2012, launch of the Oriental DreamWorks joint venture with leading U.S. animation company DreamWorks Animation and two other Chinese entities.
The joint venture, one of the largest international investment projects in China, includes a $350 million animation studio and a $3 billion theme park to be built in Shanghai, China. Oriental DreamWorks will be involved in film and television content production and online games, among other projects.
Wendy Yan, a partner in the corporate group at Faegre Baker Daniels, led the firm’s representation of Shanghai Alliance Investment Limited. Associate Leo Liang Tian and legal consultant May Liu assisted in the transaction.
- Paul Hastings Advises China Media Capital in Dreamworks Animation Joint Venture and Dream Center Establishment
- Leading China Employment Lawyer Joins Faegre Baker Daniels as Partner in Shanghai
- Baker & McKenzie Advises the Current Shareholders of Tian Ping Auto Insurance Company on its Strategic Alliance with AXA
- Baker & McKenzie Advises China Eastern Airlines on Joint Venture with Qantas to Set Up Jetstar Hong Kong
- Deheng Opens Washington DC Office