The Hong Kong office of the Firm represented the underwriters, led by Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C., Taipei Branch and Capital Securities Corporation, in the NT$9.6 billion (US$321 million) initial public offering and listing on the Taiwan Stock Exchange of MStar Semiconductor, Inc. (“MStar”). MStar is a leading integrated circuit design house and the largest supplier of controller ICs for LCD-TVs and monitors in the world. MStar was the first Taiwan company to name an international investment bank as bookrunner for a domestic listing and to use an international-style roadshow and bookbuilding process to determine its IPO price. The common shares of MStar are traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the trading code “3697”.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included Chris Lin, Asher Hsu, Heather Tsai, Howie Farn, Bridget Huang (Corporate), Rob Holo and Daniel Foster (Tax). Alan Cannon (Tokyo) also provided invaluable assistance and advice.
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- HWB Hires Corporate Partner, Christopher Yu, From Goodwin Procter