International law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has advised the underwriters on the US$546m global offering and listing of Bank of Chongqing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange which took place today.
The listing represents the first IPO of a Chinese bank in three years.
Freshfields advised a consortium of the underwriters on the IPO, including Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, BOCOMI, CICC, ABCI, CCBI and ICBCI.
Freshfields Beijing partner Richard Wang, one of the lead advisors on the transaction, said: ‘We were proud to have been a part of this listing and congratulate our clients on bringing one of China’s major commercial banks to market.’
The Freshfields team was led by Beijing corporate partner Richard Wang and Hong Kong US corporate partner Calvin Lai.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider
- Clifford Chance advises China Merchants Securities on US$1.4 billion
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Malaysian IPO of Sunway Construction
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Freshfields Advises CITIC on US$4.8bn Sale of China Residential Assets