Gilbert + Tobin is pleased to announce its involvement in advising Endocoal Limited (ASX: EOC, “Endocoal”) on the recommended offer by U&D Mining Industry (Australia) Pty Ltd for 100% of the shares in Endocoal.
The proposed takeover by scheme of arrangement values Endocoal at approximately $71 million and has been unanimously recommended by Endocoal’s Directors subject to a superior proposal emerging and the appointed independent expert concluding the scheme is in the best interests of shareholders.
Corporate Advisory partner John Williamson-Noble is leading the team and is assisted by lawyers Tim Gordon and Chris Morse.
An explanatory memorandum containing information relating to the scheme and the reasons for the Directors’ recommendation is expected to be dispatched to Endocoal shareholders in early 2013. Completion of the transaction is subject to a number of conditions including the approval by regulatory authorities in Australia and the People’s Republic of China as well as approval by Endocoal shareholders.
Endocoal is an Australian public company focused on exploration of coal tenements and mine development in the Bowen Basin, Queensland’s premier coal producing region. U&D Mining Industry (Australia) Pty Ltd is a joint venture between Australia Kunqian International Energy Co., Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of China Yima Coal Group and Daton Group Australia Ltd, an ASX listed (ASX: DTG) fertiliser manufacturer based in Brisbane, Australia.
- Clifford Chance Advises on Sale of Syntech Resources to Yancoal Australia
- HWL Ebsworth Assists Haohua Energy International on International Coal Company Transaction
- Corrs Advises Yancoal Australia Limited on Acquisition of Syntech Resources
- K&L Gates Acts for CGA Mining Ltd. on Successful C$1.1 Billion Merger with B2Gold Corp.
- Davis Polk Advises Kerry Mining in Connection with Its Sale of Baruun Naran Coal Mine in Mongolia to Mongolian Mining Corporation