Gilbert + Tobin has advised Goldman Sachs and UBS as joint lead managers and underwriters of Calibre Group’s $75 million IPO, which values Calibre at a market capitalisation of $477.9 million upon completion of the IPO.
Despite a difficult market, Goldman Sachs and UBS closed the institutional bookbuild ahead of schedule on July 11, and the offering is expected to become one of Australia’s biggest listings by market capitalisation for the year.
Shares in Calibre, an engineering services and project delivery group, serving the resources and infrastructure markets which is a leading provider of integrated services in the bulk commodity markets, are scheduled to begin trading on the Australian Securities Exchange on August 6.
Capital Markets Partner, Peter Cook led the transaction and was assisted by lawyers Adam D’Andreti and Amy Knox.
“This deal shows that the IPO market is not shut, and with the right structure an IPO can be executed successfully,” said Peter Cook. “We have enjoyed working with the teams at Goldman Sachs and UBS to see a high quality deal happen in what is a tough market. I expect the successful launch of this IPO to add some momentum to the market going forward.”
Gilbert + Tobin’s capital markets team advises underwriters, listed companies and funds, financial advisers and their clients and institutional investors across the range of Australian capital markets transactions.
- Gilbert + Tobin Advises CHAMP on the Acquisition of 33% of Miclyn
- Gilbert + Tobin Advises Rockwood Holdings, Inc on Proposed Acquisition of Talison Lithium Limited
- Gilbert + Tobin Advises CHAMP on Proposed Acquisition of Gerard Lighting
- Gilbert + Tobin Advises CSC on A$152.5m Purchase of Melbourne IT’s Digital Brand Services Division
- King & Wood Mallesons Acts on M2 Telecommunications’ A$83.1m Capital Raising