Herbert Smith and its associated Indonesian law firm Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung (HBT) have advised Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank as placing agents in connection with the offering and sale of treasury shares in PT Bank Central Asia Tbk, an Indonesian retail and commercial bank listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
The sale of 90.9 million treasury shares raised 700 billion Indonesian Rupiah (approximately US$74 million) and was the first ever sale of treasury shares to institutional investors by a listed company in Indonesia. The sale benefited from significant investor interest in Indonesia’s growing banking and financial institutions sector.
The Herbert Smith and HBT teams advised on the US federal securities law and Indonesia law aspects of the transaction that presented a number of novel structuring and regulatory issues. The team consisted ofKevin Roy, Siddhartha Sivaramakrishnan, Felipe Duque and Eric Victorson on US law matters and David Dawborn and Kristo Molina on Indonesian law matters.
Siddhartha Sivaramakrishnan commented:
“We are pleased to have acted for Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank on this innovative transaction, which is the first of its kind in Indonesia. This transaction showcases our deep FIG experience in the region and builds on our strong relationship in Asia with Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.”
- Herbert Smith Advises Credit Suisse and Bualuang Securities on Sale of Approximately 25% Stake in Bangkok Chain Hospital
- Herbert Smith Advises Deutsche Bank and Macquarie as Placing Agents on US$286M Sale of Stake in Indonesian Coal Producer
- Herbert Smith and HBT Advise Citi and Deutsche Bank on PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk’s Approximately US$560 Million Capital Raising
- Herbert Smith Advises Macquarie Capital on US$151 Million Capital Raising by SM Investments Corporation
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on US$2.14 Billion Stake Sale by the Government of India in NTPC Limited