Herbert Smith Freehills has advised Agricultural Bank of China Limited Hong Kong Branch, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited, CCB International Capital Limited, China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited, Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited and J.P. Morgan Securities Plc as joint lead managers on the Regulation S international offering of US$400 million 6.00% senior notes due 2023 by China Taiping New Horizon Limited.
The notes are guaranteed by China Taiping Insurance Group (HK) Company Limited, which is an insurance conglomerate incorporated and headquartered in Hong Kong primarily engaging in the life insurance business in the PRC, the property and casualty insurance business in the PRC, Hong Kong and other overseas markets, and the reinsurance business globally. The notes are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Herbert Smith Freehills Hong Kong-based partners Kevin Roy and Tommy Tong, and Singapore partner Philip Lee led the firm’s team on the deal. The partners were assisted by associates Gareth Deiner, Jin Kong, Athena Young, Nupur Kant and George Wu.
Last year, Herbert Smith Freehills also advised the joint lead managers BOCI Asia Limited, Citigroup Global Markets Limited and J.P. Morgan Securities Plc on the issuance US$300 million 4.125% senior notes due 2022 by China Taiping Capital Limited and guaranteed by China Taiping Insurance Holdings Company Limited.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- William Ku Joins Herbert Smith Freehills as Debt Capital Markets Partner in Hong Kong
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises SurfStitch on $A23.7 Million Acquisition and A$50 Million Placement
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date