Herbert Smith Freehills has advised RHB Investment Bank Berhad, Maybank Investment Bank Berhad and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited in their role as joint global coordinators, joint bookrunners and joint underwriters of the initial public offering (IPO) of Sunway Construction Group Berhad, an arm of the Sunway conglomerate, one of Malaysia’s largest business groups.
The IPO raised MYR478.4 million (approximately US$125 million), making it the second largest IPO in Malaysia this year, with Sunway Construction listing on the Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad on 28 July.
Sunway Construction is a major regional construction company, completing transport infrastructure, civil engineering projects and public, commercial and residential buildings across Malaysia, India and the Caribbean.
Partner Siddhartha Sivaramakrishnan led the team advising the banks, assisted by associate George Wu and paralegal Jeffrey Lee. Siddhartha commented: “We are delighted to have advised on this significant IPO in Malaysia, and to have strengthened our links with key regional investment banks in this important Asian market.”
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Pepper Group Limited on A$400m Whole Loan Sale of Residential Mortgage Portfolio
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date
- Eversheds Harry Elias launches in Singapore and Brunei Darussalam