Herbert Smith Freehills has advised SpeedCast International Limited (SpeedCast) in relation to its initial public offering (IPO) and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange, which raised A$150 million. The IPO consisted of an institutional offer and broker firm offer.
SpeedCast is a provider of satellite-based communication networks and services in the Asia Pacific region and to the global maritime industry. SpeedCast supplies over 1,000 customers across more than 3,000 terrestrial sites, predominantly in the Asia Pacific, and 1,700 offshore rigs and vessels with satellite services. It is headquartered in Hong Kong.
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by partner and co-head of ECM Michael Ziegelaar and senior associate Nick Golding, assisted by solicitors Alexander Mackinnon, Wendy Ooi and Peter Frilay.
“We are very pleased to have worked closely with SpeedCast and contributed to the success of its IPO,” said Michael Ziegelaar.
Herbert Smith Freehills’ capital markets team is one of the most active in Australia, having recently acted for Genworth Financial on Genworth Australia’s A$1.6 billion IPO, Japara Healthcare Limited on its A$525m IPO, SG Fleet on its A$454.2 million IPO, the PACT Group on its A$1.12 billion IPO, Industria REIT on its A$250 million IPO, iBuy on its A$115 million IPO, the McAleese Group on its A$166 million IPO, for the joint lead managers on Spotless Group’s A$1.9 billion IPO, Veda’s A$1.05 billion IPO, OzForex Group’s A$439 million IPO, for the sole lead manager on National Storage REIT’s A$240 million IPO and for the joint lead managers on iSelect’s A$215 million IPO and for Calibre Group on its A$477 million IPO.
The SpeedCast IPO was underwritten by UBS AG, Australia Branch. Gilbert + Tobin advised UBS on the transaction.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Pepper Group Limited on A$400m Whole Loan Sale of Residential Mortgage Portfolio
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises SurfStitch on $A23.7 Million Acquisition and A$50 Million Placement
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on A$285 Million Hornsdale Wind Farm Project
- William Ku Joins Herbert Smith Freehills as Debt Capital Markets Partner in Hong Kong