Herbert Smith Moscow infrastructure team will act for the Moscow Government, Russian Railways and its financial adviser Grant Thornton Rosexpertiza to provide legal advice on structuring and implementation of the construction and operation of the Small Ring of the Moscow Railway (MRR Project).
The MRR Project involves the integration of a new passenger layout into the existing transportation system providing a convenient interconnection with the ground and underground public transport. The start up of the project will allow to relieve capital traffic congestion linking all systems together. By the fourth quarter of 2015 along MRR it is expected to build 30 stations, 19 of them will be major transportation hubs. This project was promoted by the then Russian
President Mr Dmitry Medvedev as one of the important instruments in resolving Moscow traffic issues.
Olga Revzina has commented:
“Currently this is one of the most significant infrastructure projects in Moscow, which certainly adds value to our portfolio of Russian infrastructure credentials. The MRR Project will further strengthen our position in the rail sector.”
- Herbert Smith Advises Eni on US$2 Billion Oil and Gas Finance Agreement with Rosneft
- Herbert Smith Freehills Leads on the World’s Largest PPP Project in the Toll Road Construction Sector
- Herbert Smith Recruits Senior Disputes Dpecialist in Moscow
- Dewey & LeBoeuf Adds Litigation Partner to Moscow Practice
- K&L Gates Expands Moscow Office with Addition of Real Estate and Corporate Partners