King & Wood Mallesons has advised for a syndicate of 19 international and domestic banks on the financing of the public to private takeover of Spotless Group Limited (Spotless).
The $1.2b acquisition by Pacific Industrial Services BidCo Pty Ltd, an entity owned by funds advised by Pacific Equity Partners (PEP) and its affiliates, was completed yesterday by a Scheme of Arrangement.
The King & Wood Mallesons team was led by banking and finance partner Jeff Clark and senior associate Andrew Maynes, who were supported by solicitor Andrew Vincent.
Jeff Clark said: “It is pleasing to have been involved in such a significant private equity transaction in what remains a challenging environment to raise debt and equity financing. The success of the transaction is a testament to both PEP’s determination to acquire Spotless and the financiers’ willingness to work with PEP in achieving a successful outcome for all.”
King & Wood Mallesons has acted on a number of high profile private equity deals this year, including the sale of Nestlé’s Peter’s Ice Cream business to PEP and CHAMP Private Equity’s sale of the International Energy Services group to McAleese.
For further information on King & Wood Mallesons recent experience and expertise in private equity in Australia and Asia, click here.
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises KKR on Sale of Its Interest in Seven West Media
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises CHAMP Private Equity on Their Sale of the International Energy Services Group
- Gilbert + Tobin Advising PEP on $720 Million Spotless Acquisition
- King & Wood Mallesons Attracts Top Private Equity Player – Mark McNamara Joins the firm as Head of Private Equity
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises on Sale of Bluewaters Power Station