King & Wood Mallesons has acted for a syndicate of 38 banks on Origin Energy’s landmark $2.4 billion debt raising, which signed on 4 October 2012. The mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners were ANZ, CBA and NAB.
The loan facility will be used to refinance Origin Energy’s existing loan facilities which are due to mature in the next few years and will remove all further refinancing requirements until 2015.
The King & Wood Mallesons team led by partner Yuen-Yee Cho, included senior associate Will Stawell and solicitor, Janet Yeung.
“This highly oversubscribed deal demonstrates that despite the uncertainty in the global debt markets, domestic and international banks will strongly support leading names such as Origin Energy” said Cho.
Allens Linklaters acted for Origin Energy.
- King & Wood Mallesons Acts on $1.2 Billion Spotless Acquisition
- King & Wood Mallesons Acts on NAB Subordinated Notes Offer
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises DBP Group on Its A$155 Million Debt Facility
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises CHAMP Private Equity on Their Sale of the International Energy Services Group
- King & Wood Mallesons Acts for Investec on Financing of Catalyst’s Acquisition of Reed Business Information Australia (RBIA)