King & Wood Mallesons has acted as Australian counsel for JP Morgan and a syndicate of banks providing senior debt financing to support the acquisition of Echopass Corporation by Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc.
Echopass Corporation is the No. 1 software service provider of cloud-based contact center solutions. The financing, which closed on Wednesday 13 November, included US$400,000,000 of additional term facilities, which were used partly for the purposes of acquiring Echopass Corporation and partly to repay high yield notes which formed part of the existing financing package.
The acquisition follows the acquisition of Genesys (a global leader in customer service software) in early 2012 by European private equity firm Permira, a transaction in which King & Wood Mallesons also acted as Australian counsel.
The King & Wood Mallesons team was led by Banking Partner Richard Hayes, assisted by Senior Associate Charlie Detmold and solicitor Andrew Vincent. Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP acted as US counsel for the banks.
Richard Hayes said: “Continuing to advise the financiers on the Australian aspects of this global transaction was a great opportunity to further demonstrate our market-leading leveraged finance capabilities.”
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- HFW Continues to Grow Australian Projects Capability
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on ‘Multiple Firsts’ in Major Solar Energy Transaction
- White & Case Advises Lenders on US$6.4 Billion Liwa Plastic Industries Complex in Oman