King & Wood Mallesons has advised Focus Minerals Limited on its Share Subscription Deed with Shandong Gold International Mining Corporation Limited, under which Shandong Gold will take a majority stake in Focus Minerals through a placement valued at $227.5 million.
The funds raised from the Placement will strengthen Focus Minerals’ balance sheet and underpin its strategic growth initiatives, supporting Focus Minerals’ goal of becoming a +500,000oz pa gold producer.
The King & Wood Mallesons team was led by Partner Nicola Charlston, who was supported by Solicitor Rob Kelly.
Focus Minerals has four producing gold mines located at Coolgardie and Laverton in the eastern goldfields region of Western Australia and has 1,650 square kilometres of tenement holdings.
Shandong Gold International Mining Corporation Limited is a subsidiary of the Shandong Gold group Co Ltd, which is one of China’s three largest gold producers by production.
- King & Wood Mallesons Acts on ASX’s Share Offer
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises on Billabong International Limited’s $225m Entitlement Offer
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises KKR on Sale of Its Interest in Seven West Media
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises IGO on A$170 Million Facility Agreement with NAB
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises Buru Energy on $40 Million Institutional Placement