Under the proposed bid, IOOF will acquire all of the ordinary shares in Plan B, at A$0.60 per Plan B share, via an agreed off-market takeover.
The King & Wood Mallesons team is being led by M&A partners Joe Muraca and Peter Stirling, who are being supported by solicitors Matt Bernardo, Stephanie Lawther and Anthony Sciuto.
“We are pleased to be acting for IOOF on its proposed acquisition of Plan B, which will expand IOOF’s footprint in the fastest growing markets in Australia” said Joe Muraca.
Peter Stirling said: “The acquisition of Plan B represents a unique opportunity for our client IOOF to combine two highly complementary businesses. We are delighted to be assisting IOOF on this transaction.”
Lavan Legal and TC Corporate are advising Plan B.
- King & Wood Mallesons Advises GE Capital on Acquisition of Allianz Australia’s Loan Book
- KWM Advises EnergyAustralia on Waterloo Wind Farm Interest Divestment
- Mallesons Bolsters M&A Practice with New Lateral Hire
- Gilbert + Tobin Secures Clearance for Second Largest Domestic Airline Operator in Australia
- King & Wood Mallesons’ Hong Kong Private Equity Practice Attracts Quality Lateral Hire