Kirkland & Ellis acted as the Hong Kong and U.S. legal advisers to the underwriters, led by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Standard Chartered, Guotai Junan and ICBC International, in the US$66 million initial public offering of Xiao Nan Guo Restaurants Holdings Limited (Stock code: 3666), which debuted its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange today. Xiao Nan Guo is the largest self-owned, mid-to-high-end Chinese cuisine, full-service restaurant chain headquartered in the PRC.
The deal featured a public offering in Hong Kong and an international private placement, including an offering pursuant to Rule 144A in the United States.
The Kirkland team was led by Hong Kong capital markets partners Dominic Tsun, John Otoshi, Li-Chien Wong and Benjamin Su, tax partner Angela Russo and corporate counsel Stephanie Tang, with support from associates Shawn Tai and Mengyu Lu. The team also included associates Stephanie Lau and Peng Qi, foreign legal consultants Angela Zhang and Jenny Li, and legal assistant Amy Tai.
- Kirkland & Ellis Acted as Hong Kong Counsel to Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank and BOCI in US$580 Million IPO and Hong Kong Listing of Sunshine Oilsands
- Kirkland & Ellis Represents Tudou in Merger with Youku
- Kirkland & Ellis Represents Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners in Global Offering of SINOPEC Engineering (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Kirkland & Ellis to Launch Full-Service Asia Transactional and Hong Kong Law Practice with Multiple Senior Hires
- Kirkland & Ellis Adds Transactional Tax Lawyer in Hong Kong