Global law firm K&L Gates has advised Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. on its successful initial public offering and listing on the Philippine Stock Exchange. The offering, which closed on November 11, raised US$622 million (prior to the exercise of the over-allotment option) and is one of the largest-ever IPOs in the Philippines.
Hong Kong-based partner David Johnson led the K&L Gates team that advised Robinsons Retail on New York and U.S. federal law. He was assisted by associates Amy Wong, Karen Chan, and Donna Ko.
Johnson commented: “We are delighted to have assisted in delivering such a great outcome for our client, particularly given the timing and other challenges presented by uncertain market conditions. The success of the offering reflects the strength of the company and the Philippine economy.”
Robinsons Retail is one of the leading retail groups in the Philippines. Since opening its first department store in Manila in 1980, Robinsons Retail has expanded to five other business segments, including supermarkets, do-it-yourself stores, convenience stores, specialty stores, and drugstores.
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong
- K&L Gates Bolsters Asia Practice with Addition of Corporate, Disputes Partners
- DibbsBarker Welcomes New Property Partner in Brisbane
- K&L Gates Continues to Strengthen Brisbane Office with Hire of Partner Trio