Asian Legal Business (ALB) has awarded Softbank Corp’s high yield bond offering “Debt Market Deal of the Year” at its 2014 Japan Law Awards. Latham & Watkins advised Deutsche Bank, as initial purchaser, in Softbank Corp’s issue of US$2,485,000,000 4.5 percent Senior Notes due 2020 and €625,000,000 4.625 percent Senior Notes due 2020. This transaction signifies the largest-ever high yield bond offering in Asia. Notably, only one other Japanese company has ever issued high yield bonds.
The annual ALB Japan Law Awards honor the outstanding achievements of Japan’s foremost law firms and in-house legal teams, as well as the top deals and dealmakers.
- Allen & Overy – Press Metal’s Debut US Dollar High Yield Bond Marks First High Yield Bond from Malaysia in Over a Decade
- Milbank Acts on Successful Exchange Offer and New Issuance by the Government of Mongolia
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance
- Skadden Adds Corporate Finance Partner Kenji Taneda in Tokyo