International law firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, led by Global Securities partner Robert W. Mullen, Jr., represented Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (“NTT”) in its global offering of US$750 million 1.4% Notes due 2017. This was the first registered offering by NTT in 14 years and was priced with the lowest coupon in the Yankee space.
Commenting on the deal, Mr. Mullen said, “We have had the honor of representing NTT in all SEC-related matters over many years. It has been especially gratifying to work with NTT in connection with its recent return to the Yankee bond market, particularly given the strong reception given to the offering by U.S. investors.”
NTT is the largest provider of fixed and mobile voice related services, IP/packet communications services, telecommunications equipment sales, system integration and other telecommunications-related services in Japan and operates one of the largest telephone networks in the world.
Milbank’s extensive expertise in capital markets and experience with financial institutions helped shape the offering. In addition to Mr. Mullen, the Milbank team included Global Securities associates Sam Badawi, based in New York, Jay Southgate, based in New York and in Tokyo, and Yoku Kiuchi, based in Tokyo.
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Underwriters in US$750 Million Senior Debt Offering by Nippon Telephone and Telegraph Corporation
- Milbank Advises Underwriters on US$760M Bharti Infratel IPO
- Milbank Advises on First International Bond Offering by a Vietnamese State‑Owned Bank
- Milbank Advises Mongolian Mining Corp. on Mongolia’s Largest Mining Acquisition
- Milbank Advises on Landmark Bank/Bond High Yield for Nord Anglia