The Amsterdam and Moscow offices of international legal practice Norton Rose Group have advised Russian state owned investment fund Rusnano on its investment in Dutch nanotechnology company Mapper Lithography.
Mapper Lithography develops and produces innovative lithography machines for the production of the electronic chips used in smartphones and cars.
The funds provided by Rusnano will enable Mapper to develop new machines as well as establish a production facility in Russia. Rusnano aims to create a nano-industry that will produce marketable products worth 900 billion rubles ($29 billion) by 2015. In addition to nanotechnology, Rusnano actively invests in solar and energy saving, infrastructure and medicines and biotechnology.
Amsterdam partners Remco Smorenburg and Saskia Blokland advised Rusnano, together with Moscow senior partner Valentina Gluhovskaya. Associates Joke Everts, Rik de Groot and Coen Barneveld Binkhuysen also advised, together with of counsel Elena Abashina and associates Nikolai Tymkov and Georgy Kalachev.
- Dechert Advises EBRD and RUSNANO on First Joint Investment
- Salans Acts on Major Russian Private Equity Transaction
- Sihuan Pharmaceutical Holdings To Sell Equity Interest in Chinese Pharmaceutical Production Company
- Freshfields Advises Severstal on Nordgold Spin-off
- Dechert Advises on Sale of Shares in Leading Russian Machine-Building Company