Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Mitsui) in connection with its acquisition of a participation in the Maersk Tankers fleet of refined oil tankers.
Norton Rose Fulbright advised Mitsui on the establishment of consortium arrangements between Mitsui and A.P. Moller Holding and on the acquisition by Mitsui of its shareholding in that consortium, which will own the Maersk Tankers fleet.
The Norton Rose Fulbright team was led by Tokyo partners George Gibson and Paul Coggins. Chris Viner (partner, London) and Andrew Clarke (senior associate, Tokyo) led on the negotiation of the transaction documentation. The team in Tokyo also included Of counsel Jason Lemann and associates Jon Wang, Akiko Tonosaki, Jennifer Brightling and Yui Ota.
Competition advice was provided by partner Christian Filippitsch, senior associate Max Seuster and associate Violetta Bourt from the firm’s Brussels office. Advice on Danish law was provided by Messrs Mazanti-Andersen Korso Jensen.
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on ‘Multiple Firsts’ in Major Solar Energy Transaction
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Gilbert + Tobin Advising Qube in $9.05 Billion Consortium Acquisition of Asciano
- Ashurst Further Enhances M&A Capabilities in Japan