Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm advised China Everbright International Limited (“China Everbright”) on the approximately US$960 million injection of the entire share capital of its wholly-owned subsidiary China Everbright Water Investments Limited into Singapore-listed HanKore Environment Tech Group Ltd. (“HanKore”) in exchange for a controlling stake of approximately 78% of HanKore’s shares. The disposal and acquisition will result in a reverse takeover of HanKore in Singapore.
China Everbright is a Hong Kong-listed company focusing on the development of environmental protection businesses. China Everbright Water Investments Limited and its subsidiaries are principally engaged in the environmental water business and operate a portfolio of large scale and diversified waste water treatment projects in the PRC.
Paul Hastings has advised China Everbright on a number of its transactions over the years including on various loan facilities, top-up placements and joint ventures.
The Paul Hastings team was led by partners Vivian Lam and Catherine Tsang with support from associates Celia Chau and May Lun.
- Chadbourne Advises Consortium on US$300 Million Independent Water Project in Oman
- Dentons Bolsters its Middle East Energy and Infrastructure Team with Partner Hire in Dubai
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on ‘Multiple Firsts’ in Major Solar Energy Transaction
- Freshfields has Advised Tianjin Infrastructure on Its Debut International Issuance of US$500m Senior Bonds