Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that it is representing China Media Capital in the official launch of its joint venture with DreamWorks Animation, a leading U.S. animation company. The joint venture, Oriental DreamWorks, was officially established at a signing ceremony yesterday.
Oriental DreamWorks, which will focus primarily on film and television content production, is one of the largest international investment projects in China and is positioned to be the leading China-focused family entertainment company.
In addition, China Media Capital, DreamWorks Animation and the Xuhui district government in Shanghai signed a memorandum of understanding to develop “Dream Center” – a US$3.2 billion metropolitan cultural landmark in the waterfront area of Xuhui district that integrates media, performing arts, entertainment, leisure living and tourism.
The Paul Hastings team was led by Jia Yan and David Wang(Corporate), Matthew Berger and Rob Carlson (IP Licensing), Tom Wisialowski (Tax), Tom Zaccaro and Ananda Martin (Compliance) with support from associates Sign Kadouh, Tiffany Lee, Peiyi Zhao, Paul Guan, Stancy Qian and Lily Zhang.
- Faegre Baker Daniels Represents Shanghai Alliance Investment in Joint Venture with DreamWorks Animation
- Paul, Weiss Advises The Astro Group on Merger of Celestial Television With Tiger Gate Entertainment
- Paul Hastings Advises Digital Reality Trust in Joint Venture with Savvis
- Paul Hastings Advises Publicis on Acquisition of Chinese Digital Marketing Company
- Paul Hastings Advises the Underwriters in Huadian Fuxin’s Hong Kong Listing