Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that it represented Haitong International Securities Group Limited (“Haitong International”), a subsidiary of Haitong Securities Co., Ltd., the second largest securities firm in China by total assets, in its further issuance of HK$232 million (US$29.9 million) 1.25% convertible bonds due 2018, to be consolidated and to form a single series with the HK$776 million (US$100 million) existing convertible bonds issued on 18 July 2013. HSBC was the lead manager on the transaction.
The net proceeds of the convertible bonds issuance will be used by Haitong International and its subsidiaries to fund the expansion of business operations and for general corporate purposes.
In 2012, Paul Hastings advised the underwriters on the US$1.68 billion Hong Kong initial public offering and listing of the H-shares of Haitong Securities Co., Ltd. on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This was one of the largest IPOs in Hong Kong last year and the transaction was awarded “Equity Deal of the Year 2012” by China Law & Practice. The Paul Hastings capital markets team also represented Haitong International in its HK$1.17 billion rights issue in early 2013.
The Paul Hastings Hong Kong team was led by Raymond Li, partner and Chair of Greater China, and partner Vivian Lam, with support from associates Erika Wan and May Lun. The London team was led by partner Christian Parker with support from associate Karina Bielkowicz.
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Simpson Thacher – Ozner Water Completes Private Placement of HK$465 Million Convertible Bonds
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition
- Milbank Acts on Successful Exchange Offer and New Issuance by the Government of Mongolia
- Freshfields has Advised Tianjin Infrastructure on Its Debut International Issuance of US$500m Senior Bonds