Rodyk acted as Singapore counsel to UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad (UMW-OG) in its listing on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (Bursa Malaysia).
UMW-OG is a wholly-owned subsidiary of UMW Holdings Berhad, which is currently listed on Bursa Malaysia. It is in the business of offshore drilling and providing oilfield services. The issue price of RM2.80 per share values UMW-OG at approximately RM6.1 billion (or approximately S$2.4 billion). This is Malaysia’s largest initial public offering for 2013.
Corporate partner Ng Eng Leng led, assisted by senior associates Nigel Chia and Grace Ong.
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post
- Collas Crill Singapore Advises Malaysian-based Macromac PLC on AIM Listing
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises SurfStitch on $A23.7 Million Acquisition and A$50 Million Placement
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia