The Firm represented the underwriters of the initial public offering in Hong Kong and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by Tianhe Chemicals Group Limited. Tianhe offered an aggregate of 2,817,264,000 ordinary shares, which raised approximately HK$5,071.1 million (US$650.1 million) in gross proceeds. The ordinary shares of Tianhe are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Morgan Stanley, UBS and Merrill Lynch acted as joint sponsors; Morgan Stanley, UBS, Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs acted as jointed global coordinators, joint bookrunners and joint lead managers; and BOCI, ICBCI and Investec acted as joint bookrunners and joint lead managers.
Tianhe is a leading specialty chemicals producer with its headquarters in the PRC, the largest lubricant additives producer headquartered in the PRC and the sixth largest lubricant additives producer in the world.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included Chris Wong, Leiming Chen, Tao Li, Irene Lau, Yu Wang and Shuyuan Sun (Corporate) and Robert Holo, Jonathan Cantor and Judy Yan (Tax).
- Milbank Advises on Highly Successful Equity Capital Raising by Top Indian Metals and Mining Producer Hindalco
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering